T20 series between the South Africa and West Indies

live cricket streaming
live cricket streaming

West Indies have named their 15-member T20I squad to play South Africa in the upcoming series at home.

Rovman Powell will lead a strong West Indies squad in the three-match Twenty20 International series against South Africa, which gets underway in Trinidad on August 24. The West Indies are looking to build on their successful T20I run against the Proteas after suffering a 1-0 loss to South Africa in the ICC World Test Championship series.

Bascombe is confident in the team’s potential as they are ready for a crucial series against South Africa.

“Facing a strong South Africa side is an excellent opportunity for our team to reset and refocus with our game plan,” said Miles Bascombe, Director of Cricket at CWI. The West Indies have won four of their last five bilateral T20I series and lost to South Africa, which prevented them from playing in the home semi-final of the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2024.
Watch the complete match Live Cricket Streaming and enjoy it.

I have faith in the team we have chosen, and with our sights set on the upcoming T20 World Cup in 2026, I believe the boys will be eager to demonstrate their desire for success. We have faced them previously and had varied outcomes, so this should be an entertaining and significant series.

Holder and Russell are absent from the team as they take leave after an intense schedule.

Jason Holder and Andre Russell, two seasoned all-rounders, are conspicuously absent from the squad. Russell requested time off to recuperate, and Holder is receiving a break following five straight Test matches over South Africa and England.

The acquisition of 22-year-old bowler Matthew Forde, who last appeared in the bilateral series against South Africa in May, and Alick Athanaze, who excelled in the Test series, strengthens the squad.

Miles indicated that the Cricket West Indies medical staff will care for the two throughout this time.

South Africa has already announced its team for the three-match series. The three Twenty20 Internationals are scheduled for August 24–28.

West Indies T20I squad

Rovman Powell, Roston Chase, Alick Athanaze, Jhonson Charles, Mathew Forde, Shimron Hetmyer, Fabian Allen, Shai Hope, Akeal Hosein, Shamar Joseph, Obed McCoy, Gudakesh Motie, Nicholas Pooran, Sherfane Rutherford, and Romario Shepherd.

South Africa named a 15-member squad for the upcoming three-match T20I series against West Indies.

Quinton de Kock, Kagiso Rabada, Keshav Maharaj, Tabraiz Shamsi, and David Miller are the prominent players missing from the South Africa team that will play the West Indies in the upcoming series. The Proteas white-ball coach, Rob Walter, explained their absence when naming the squad. South Africa’s last experience in the format saw them make it to the finals of the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2024, where they went undefeated before narrowly losing to India in the decisive match.

Several players were not considered for this series due to either their injury, being in a conditioning block that is related to workload management, or their participation in ongoing T20 leagues.”

Walter sees the series as a critical opportunity for young Protease development

However, Walter is excited about this series, as he feels they will provide much-needed international experience for the young Proteas players.

Walter said, “This tour allows us to continue developing our player pool whilst maintaining the core of experienced players. It will also expose our emerging talent to quality international opposition, similar to the last time we played against the West Indies in May.”

Walter praises Maphaka and Smith for their impact and experience in the series.

Walter was delighted to include Kwena Maphaka and Jason Smith on the roster. Left-arm bowler Maphaka was the standout performer, taking 21 wickets at an average of 9.71 in the 2024 ICC U19 Men’s Cricket World Cup. Conversely, Smith possesses a wealth of experience as an all-around player in South Africa’s home circuit.

“We’re excited to have Jason [Smith] and Kwena [Maphaka] join the squad for this series. Jason’s recent performances have been impressive, and his ability to contribute with both bat and ball adds valuable depth to our line-up.”

“Kwena has been identified as a player with significant potential, and this tour presents a great opportunity to include him in the Proteas environment and gain valuable international experience.”

South Africa T20I squad:

Aiden Markram (c), Ottneil Baartman, Nandre Burger, Donovan Ferreira, Bjorn Fortuin, Reeza Hendricks, Patrick Kruger, Kwena Maphaka, Wiaan Mulder, Lungi Ngidi, Ryan Rickelton, Jason Smith, Tristan Stubbs, Rassie van der Dussen, Lizaad Williams.

South Africa vs West Indies T20 Series Schedule

The three T20Is will be played between August 24-28

1st T20

Saturday, August 24 2024

2nd T20

Friday, August 26, 2024

3rd T20

Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Live stream and updates

You can Watch Live Cricket streams and cricket updates regularly, with the latest cricket matches streaming live, match highlights, and TV cricket news videos on different websites such as SmartCric and Circus.

Related Post

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *